Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Breaking Up

This may sound crazy, but I am breaking up. Not with Raul, but with Wal-Mart! I am tired of going there in a great mood and leaving in such a horrible mood.

Yesterday was the final straw for me! I went for some groceries. It wasn't the busiest time of day either. But I stood in line for 45 minutes. And only 1 person was checked out. In 45 minutes, 1 person! I couldn't believe it! There was only 1 register open too! With at least 12 people in line. I can't believe it! The entire time, the manager stood there talking to another cashier. Not a care in the world!

I finally got frustrated and left my basket. My ice cream had already melted and everything! I drove down the road to Albertson's. I actually saved money and bought more food! Isn't that crazy? I was in line, maybe 2 people were in front of me. And they opened another register to check me out. I was very impressed. More so when I looked through their weekly sale paper.

From now on, I am going to Albertson's for groceries. I will probably do the rest of my shopping at Target. There is one near the Hobby Lobby that I go to. To be honest, I am usually at Hobby Lobby once a week anyway. It is a 20-30 minute drive from our house. Depending on the traffic. But I would rather do that, and pay a few cents more, per item, to get decent service.

I just can't stand Wal-Mart anymore! Especially since they don't sell craft supplies any more. I'm sorry, but a quarter of an aisle of yarn, a half an aisle of scrap booking supplies, and an entire aisle of fake flowers is not a craft department!

I figure if there is anything else we need during the week, like soap, shampoo, or deodorant, we can go to Walgreen's. Which is next to Albertson's. I just can't believe how bad Wal-Mart has gotten. And how they just don't care either! It is so sad. I'm sad to break up with Wal-Mart, but it's for the best! ~Kate the Great

No comments: