Sunday, September 27, 2009

State Fair Time!

We went to the State Fair for the 2nd time this year! I was very excited! There is just something about going to the fair that makes me happy. Raul and I aren't into the rides or the midway. But we enjoy going to the rodeos and looking at the exhibits.

This time around, we went looking at all the exhibits. Raul is a wonderful boyfriend. He went through the entire Arts and Crafts Building with me. We compromised. He wanted to look at all the model airplanes and cars. I actually had fun looking at those. We also spent a long time looking through the Agriculture Building. And of course all the animals!

Raul bought me some yarn made from the sheep. They actually make it there! Some beautiful wool in a greyish-turquoise color. They shave the sheep, clean the wool, spin it, and dye it. All right there for you to watch! They also sell things made out of the wool. But I wanted the wool more than a new scarf! I just can't believe how expensive it was!

In that building, Raul had a lamb burger. I am yet to try one. They smell good, but I can't bring myself to actually trying it. I had a fresh strawberry milkshake, a regular cheeseburger, and some curly fries! We ate and watched the kids. They were in the middle of the Mutton Busting! That is so cute!

Before we left there, we bought some cotton candy. No lie, it was 4X's the size of my head! But it was so good. We also spent a lot of time with the animals. Looking at all the animals. Something I really enjoy! Raul and I even got to be in the duck race. My duck won! I got a free t-shirt and tote bag.

We spent the rest of the day looking around the exhibits. We bought stuff here and there. Lots of local jams, teas, and chili stuff! We shared corn on the cob, turkey legs, carmel apples, fried bread, and fresh berry sundaes. Raul bought me a new necklace. A pretty silver heart necklace with small coral stones. We listened to so much good music too!

Overall, it was such a nice day! I am very sad that today was the last day of the fair. We have to wait an entire year for it to return. How can I go that long without a turkey leg? Or fried bread? Or a piece of fresh apricot pie? ~Kate the Great

No comments: