Monday, September 14, 2009

A Tough Day

Today was a very tough day. School is really starting to take it's toll on me. I am starting to think that I am taking too many hours. Maybe I am in the wrong field. But today was so tough. At one point, I just went and sat at the Duck Pond. I am very glad that our campus has one!

There is something very calming about sitting there and watching the ducks. There were these baby ducklings following their mama. It was just too cute! The mama duck was very good and nurturing. I am glad that I sat there and watched them. It helped to take my mind off of my troubles.

At one point today, I was near tears. But those beautiful ducks just helped me to relax. I think the rudeness of my fellow students and the fact that my professors refer to me by a number and not a name, that just pushed me very close to the edge. It had been a tough day, those things just made it tougher. But God sends us little things to help us through those hard times. We just have to be smart enough to open our eyes and hearts to embrace their beauty. ~Kate the Great

No comments: